Dove Hunt 50$ near Morris

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this on, i'm having a dove hunt on 300 acres of disaster corn crop, the corn was not harvested, but instead baled (the stalks were baled, what corn was there is now strewn about the field). A season long permit is 50$ until Aug 29th, then a price increase will occur. I have had a few OSA members hunt here before, and wanted to pass the word out. You can find me on facebook davidjamesmerrill (morris dove hunt 2011) or my website www.morrisdovehunt.com

thanks

-David
if you have any questions please give me a call 918.809.9389

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i would imagine that the corn not being harvested and all slewed on the ground would be food for the dove, therefore an abundance of dove??

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
kids should be $37.50. They are able to shoot as much as the next hunter. However they will take up 25% of your time from you shooting so a 25% discount would apply!

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would imagine that the corn not being harvested and all slewed on the ground would be food for the dove, therefore an abundance of dove??

You would think, but you can have 10 perfect fields lined up that dove should all be flocking too and those goofy little suckers will all flock to only one of them! Don't understand it, but thats dove for ya.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids under 18 must be within voice and visual contact of their parent, they are half price, and may not hunt alone at any time. The pass is for both seasons. I wouldnt start asking about an abundance of birds until the day before, as i've had dove a week before, and they were gone on opening day, and conversely, have not had a good bird count the week before and had everyone that was capable (accurate enough) to limit out on opening day. It can take a week or so for the birds to find the food so if you would like to scout it, please e-mail me for directions. This is a 65ish day hunting season, i've had several hunters late in the season with decoys/mojos limit out, it is more work, but nonetheless good fun.

oh to answer your question, not an abundance of dove yet, but there are more and more filtering in everyday.

thanks! David

Last edited:

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No more than 70. We had 30 last year and there were not enough hunters to keep the birds flying its a balance between safety and good hunting so I will limit it to 70. Saw quite a few more birds today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom