Drunk Driving or Texting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the thing, if you are texting or drunk while driving you knew that what you were doing is wrong and dangerous, but you did it anyway. And I really do not care what the law says now, it needs to be changed to punish those stupid enough to risk their's and others lives because they are to damn stupid and self important to put the phone away or call a cab.
We have different categories of crimes for a reason. Do you really think texting and driving is the moral equivalent of plotting to kill somebody, pointing a gun at his head, and coolly pulling the trigger?

What else would you like to start executing people for, oh wise one?

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have different categories of crimes for a reason. Do you really think texting and driving is the moral equivalent of plotting to kill somebody, pointing a gun at his head, and coolly pulling the trigger?

Beat me to it. People break all kinds of laws when they know it's illegal and what they're doing. I'd really like to see someone like this to get jail time too. Yet people are still giving him money to invest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Hubler

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got behind a girl the other day, obviously texting, continued while she was going on to a very short freeway entrance ramp at 20mph, I gave her a big, long horn blast, she finally put the phone down.

Turnpike headed to OKC last week, right lane, look up and see a guy coming up on me fast(I'm doing 80) and not looking where he was going, he was looking down towards his console, sure it was his phone or IPAD, started applying the brakes to bring my speed down to the legal limit, I'm trying to figure out where I am going to go and at the last minute he looks up and swerves to the shoulder with the brakes on full.

Stuck in a work zone traffic on the IDL last week, Lady in Suburban not keeping up with slow moving traffic, has a notebook on the steering wheel, pen in one hand, phone in the other, honked at her, she just smiled at me.

If you drive at all, you will see it, people aren't driving, they are in their cars, doing something else...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes. Both show a total disregard for those around you and if you kill somebody doing it you are to blame. I believe in some states you can be charged with first degree murder if you kill someone during a crime.

As far as executing others, rape and treason. (including politicians selling their vote)

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Both show a total disregard for those around you and if you kill somebody doing it you are to blame. I believe in some states you can be charged with first degree murder if you kill someone during a crime.
You're referring to the felony murder rule, and Oklahoma has it. Can you puzzle out why it's called the felony murder rule?

As far as executing others, rape and treason. (including politicians selling their vote)
Seriously? "Selling their vote?" And I assume you'd define that generously, to include campaign contributions, not as being caught actually receiving cash.

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The technology is available to prevent cellphones from being used in a moving vehicle. it'd suck for passengers, but it would save lives.

I think it would be great. Partner rode 8 1/2 hours with me to elk camp in New Mexico in January. He spent a total of about 10 minutes looking around, otherwise he had his face stuck in his cell on Facebook.
Would have been nice to carry on a conversation to help pass the time.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/cell-phone-jammer-fines/

A Florida man who used a signal jammer during commutes in an effort to stop drivers using their handsets has this week been hit with a $48,000 fine by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

Considered a threat to public safety for their potential to hamper the work of emergency response teams, the devices are illegal to own and use.

It’s thought that when Jason Humphreys was caught in 2014, he’d been blocking phone signals along part of Interstate 4 between Seffner and Tampa for up to two years.

Cops managed to track him down after MetroPCS reported that some of its cell phone tower sites were experiencing interference at particular times of the day – in other words, when Humphreys was driving to and from work.

The FCC proposed the $48,000 fine two years ago but this week finally made it official, according to the commission’s own documents.

Humphreys reportedly told cops he’d been using his jammer from inside his Toyota Highlander to prevent phone owners from talking while behind the wheel, despite there being no law in Florida against such behavior.

The FCC listed Humphreys’ offenses as “unauthorized operation, use of an illegal device, and causing intentional interference.” It said at the time that because of the nature and extended duration of the violations, it’d propose the statutory maximum of $16,000 for each offense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom