Duck season opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis,
Sooner is always an interesting place to hunt. Those local birds early in the season seem to know to completely avoid the East side of the lake. However, when the migration really kicks in, it can be quite productive. You really have to be on the X out there, and that seems to change from day to day. The difference between killing a quick limit and getting skunked can be as simple as setting up in blind 10 when they want to be at 11 or 12 when they want to be at 13 etc etc. I've hunted out there for years and have to say I've never completely figured it out.
You need to let me know when your going to be there. When I drive by they fly off. Might get some your way.
I'm not a big waterfowl hunter....yet.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to let me know when your going to be there. When I drive by they fly off. Might get some your way.
I'm not a big waterfowl hunter....yet.

You got it Dennis! Be careful though, it can become more addicting than chasing deer. I never thought it would happen to me, but it did.

Nice hunting Porter!

Duck season doesn't start for me til after buck season.

Thanks! Normally I would have been out with the smoke pole today, but we knew this spot was holding a huge concentration of birds early season and after my buddy sent me a scouting video from Thursday morning it was an easy decision.

I knew you would come through for us Jason!

Thanks Lonnie! I did my best not to let you down. LOL

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got into the greenheads pretty good today. Killed a couple of pintails, wigeon and teal as well. It was a good hunt to finish off the first half of the season.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_33.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom