Edc Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Spyderco Manix 2
Benchmade 940
Benchmade 950
Benchmade Vex
CRKT M16-13Z

i680.photobucket.com_albums_vv162_robar_g19_100_0572.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benchmade only a part of it.
Not because it looks used, cause it IS used!
I just retired my axis benchmade after fourteen years in my pocket, Im breaking in a new 530 pardue axis. Sadly, is mostly a box-tape cutter nowadays.

That's funny - before I read your vote for coolest knife, I was just thinking that if you don't paint the blade and aluminum scales, they don't show the use nearly as bad.

You probably can't see it in my pics, but the Spyderco Para-2 and Perrin PPT were used almost exclusively as my utility knives when I was slinging a hammer this last year after getting laid off (I had paint all over them too, but that cleaned up nicely). I cut caulking from around windows, cut dry-wall, cut wood trim, stripped insulation from wires, etc. Aside from a few marks on the blade, and the obvious sharpenings they endured, you can't tell that they were used/abused.

No disrespect intended to 264 or Benchmade BTW.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's held up extremely well for a $35 knife. thanks :) I figured I'd take a chance on it and it's paid off, it's my work knife and I abuse the hell out of it. I've used it as a pry bar, screwdriver, and a hammer quite a few times and the only thing you can see is the paint rubbing off the blade and a few dings on the handle.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
matt, your 940 is trhe spittin image of my old edc.
I may have to pry it away from you, especially if youve broken it in

Good luck gettin it from me Mike. That's my absolute favorite. The blade comes out so smooth it's like it's on ball bearings. It's broken in real nice like ;)
I'll let you fondle it when I get my M2 out of lay-a-way and head to your place to weld the lifter.

Last edited:

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, here's some of mine. Having trouble locating my favorite Old Timer at the moment:(
1. My new Coye Ridgeback, which is quickly becoming my go to
2. Two Benchmade Mini Griptillian's, couple of different blade configurations, they've been real good utility knives
3. Kershaw Speedsafe, surprised at how much I've really enjoyed it
4. Alaskan mini ulu knife, just a cool knife with a whale? or caribou? bone handle and it is surprisingly useful, picked it up in Alaska a couple years ago in a native shop
5. Browning Illusion knife, nice compact knife I wear when I have to get all gussied up in dress pants on the rare occasion
6. 30-06 bullet knife, my brother bought it for me at a gas station as kind of a gag gift, we buy each other little cheapo knives all the time trying to one up each other, but I do actually use it on occasion, the blade is a piece of crap but it works for opening UPS packages

i1230.photobucket.com_albums_ee499_sesh3_DSCN3101.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom