Elf on the shelf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK so it's time for all the moms and dad's to break out the elf on the shelf and find kooky ways of hiding it or setting up a scene with them. After the first week or so it can get difficult to think of new ideas, so I figured we can set a thread dedicated to sharing ideas. In the past we have done a lot of things. Hot tub in the bathroom sink, riding with Barby in her car, we even had Elsa freeze him in a giant ice ice cube. Here are a few pics so far from this year.

Chilling in the freezer...

Resized_20161130_205907.jpg

Fishing...
Resized_20161124_182909.jpg

Getting a snack...

Resized_20161130_071242.jpg

And playing cowboy with a snowman.
Resized_20161128_2051281.jpg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we've threatened to disown any family member that buys our son one. i understand it's great for some kids, but we find it creepy and doesn't really like the 'someone is always watching you' lesson it teaches (i.e. normalizes privacy invasion).

and it's creepy

but to each their own and i fault no one else for enjoying it

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoever came up with it was a genius. Not for the idea, but for the business model that once enough kids have one and start telling all their friends, EVERY kid is going HAVE to have one. Lest there be a weeping and a gnashing of teeth amongst the household. Brilliant.

1. Come up with a goofy idea
2. Sell it to a few kids
3. Wait for everyone else's kids to whine for one
4. PROFIT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom