Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were there any tribes in England and Germany? That's the only way I could ever claim such heritage.

Not that I want to claim a heritage. Other than I was raised and influenced by Panhandle Okies that survived through WWII, the Depression, and the Dust Bowl. Otherwise, I am who I made myself for better or worse.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half Cherokee and Choctaw, my baby is a Chippewa...

Does that make me an Indian outlaw?

I think I could write a song about that. Probably sell millions!!

I'm actually Chickasaw and Choctaw and have the papers to prove the Chickasaw. My great grandmother was a white woman when the roles were taken even though both her parents were full blood Choctaw.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in an area of the state, that has a very large Indian population. I saw a friend of mine's son, full blood or near full blood tribal, wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm part white but can't prove it"
Ha

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandfather was a full blooded Cherokee. I never met him (died young) but we have pictures of him. We also have some pretty cool pictures of his family dating back to the early 1900's and late 1800's. All dressed in what native Americans wore back then. I know what I am and don't really need anything to tell me I'm an American mutt. But one thing that has always struck me is the Affirmative Action section of federal, even postal, employment forms. If I claim native American, I must prove a tribal affiliation. Why is that the only ethnic group that must prove something?

I only thought of this once, many years ago when returning back home. I was taking the postal exam. A member of another minority group was sitting next to me and very obviously copying off my test the entire time. (I hope he got screwed by a mixed test form) Anyway, it just made me think that if we both had the same score, he would get points over me because of something he didn't have to "prove".

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She should take the gd test to shut people the F up, IMO shes full of crap so a test would prove it once and for all. My mothers parents were a full blood Osage father and a half Kaw half French mother born in Ponca City, her father was born when the land was still a reservation in Pawhuska so taking any kind of test is pointless for us since me, my mother and her father were all born on the same 'reservation' with tons of family for proof there as well as documentation since my grandfather at age 10 was signed up in 1905 during the federal mass enrollments at the time and was also tested as well to make sure he was an original allottee of the Osage tribe because the Osage settlements were actually holding up statehood plus each original allottee was soon to be rich in oil annuities from the newly discovered oil after the settlement which had given each 'member' a headright or payment portion of the sub surface mineral rights thus giving whites the ability to buy up newly opened surface land and finally settle on the reservation. My fathers parents on the other hand were Irish one side, Scottish the other. My fathers grandfather came from Scotland early 1900s and his mothers grandfather came from County Downe Ireland about mid 1800s. I'm finding it more difficult to trace my white side than my native side. They mostly came to Maryland or NY when they got here but then spread out all over the place until someone made their way to OK. I like to go to the Scottish festivals but always get a bunch of crap when trying to prove my lineage.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, let me ask, no; correction; let me say that we are NOT to address "this race or that race" in any sort of negative way here. We will NOT tolerate stereotypically lumping a group of people together in statements that are themselves inflammatory and racist in nature. We will NOT tolerate racial baiting by anyone in an attempt to troll, instigate, or otherwise violate the forum rules.

So, if you are one who wants to tout "this race over that race" or continually tell us how "this race has done that race dirty"...stop now or be prepared to find another forum in which to spew your BS.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason she won't do a DNA test is probably that she did one and it showed no Native American ancestry. BTW, the DNA test will only show that you have Native American ancestry but not what tribe it is.

The old saying is, that being Indian was not a matter of blood but a way of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom