Evolution of the Saiga Rifle - Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just finished getting my 7.62 Saiga rifle where I want it and thought I'd share some pics of the process. Also, I thought that it might help anyone wanting to start a project like this.

[Broken External Image]
Above pic is of the Saiga rifle as imported from Mother Russia. This is a stock photo and not of my original rifle

[Broken External Image]
This pic is after the initial conversion of the rifle: Installed Tapco G2 trigger group, bolt on trigger guard, Tapco pistol grip, installed Warsaw length buttstock, installed bullet guide, and filed the mag catch slightly to allow use of surplus AK mags.

[Broken External Image]
Final stage of conversion.
-Replaced gas tube with Russian tube
-Had Firing line replace Saiga Gas block and front sight with Bulgarian gas block and 24mm threaded front sight block
-Had Firing Line install a proper lower handguard retainer while they had everything pressed off (they did excellent work!).
-Replaced Tapco SAW grip with US Palm AK Battle grip
-Installed Kvar lower and upper handguards
-Installed East German Folding stock
-Installed CNCWarrior 24mm ak-74 style brake
-Added a Universal sling cord/adapter to allow sling attachment on right side of rifle
-And my favorite...added a Russian PK-AS side mounted red dot sight.

Really enjoying this rifle. Also, thank you to all of those that recommended The Firing Line in Wyandotte for the work on the front end conversion.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom