Ex-ATF official's gun ends up at Mexican cartel shootout that killed beauty queen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[How did a gun belonging to a former assistant special agent in charge at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives end up at a crime scene in Mexico where five died, including a Mexican beauty queen?

That's the question being asked by congressional investigators and ATF officials in Phoenix.

A FN Five-Seven semi-automatic pistol, a high powered handgun originally
restricted to military and law enforcement customers, was recovered by Mexican police at the scene of a Nov. 23 shootout between the Sinaloa Cartel and the Mexican military.

Records show the gun was purchased in January 2010 by George Gillett, the former No. 2 in the ATF office in Phoenix. Gillett now works at ATF headquarters in Washington as a liaison to the federal Bureau of Prisons.

Gillett purchased the weapon at Legendary Arms, a Phoenix gun store. On the federal form 4473 used to buy the gun, Gillett used the ATF office address, 201 East Washington, and said "Apt 940." On subsequent purchase, Gillett used a commercial address, that of a strip mall.

Both actions are illegal, since ATF regulations require buyers use their residential address...]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...otout-that-killed-beauty-queen/#ixzz2FYnvwgCg

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He admitted or confirmed that he bought it, so that should be proof that he entered false information on the 4473 form which is a felony. He also said he sold it on the internet which if true that information should be traceable.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not what you do, it's who you are. If a citizen had been caught doing this in the current climate they would be crucified in the news(and court)and used as a prime example of the need for more gun control.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gillett now works at ATF headquarters in Washington as a liaison to the federal Bureau of Prisons.

How coincidental. Another key player that got a promotion instead of prison time?

Folks we've gone wayyyyyy past the point of ridiculousness.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i always found it kind of funny that the media would talk about how the FN 5.7 was a cop killer. Armor piercing pistol. i see in the mexican news that cartels are getting caught with these pistols. yet when they show the ammo that was with it, they never have a single black tip ss190 round.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i always found it kind of funny that the media would talk about how the FN 5.7 was a cop killer. Armor piercing pistol. i see in the mexican news that cartels are getting caught with these pistols. yet when they show the ammo that was with it, they never have a single black tip ss190 round.
Well part of it is just the expected media bias and the other part is that private ownership of guns in Mexico is restricted to calibers that haven't been used by the military. I.E. no 5.56, 7.62, .45ACP, etc. That's why .38 Super handguns are so popular down there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom