Experienced Diesel Mechanic Needed - Open Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA - PSA

One of our very seasoned Mechanics and overall fantastic person passed away on New Years Day. He was an exceptional person and employee. It will be a challenge to find a replacement with the capabilities and knowledge he had but I gotta start. I need to turn over all stones to find a qualified candidate so I thought I'd put the info in front of this group as well.

This is not an entry level. Lookiing for an experienced diesel mechanic for our United Rentals location in McAlester, OK. Individual should live within 30-45 minutes of the branch location; the closer the better. Back ground checks, urine tests and most importantly be able to pass the background check to gain access to the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. If your history would exclude you from getting on MCAAP please don't apply.

United Rentals is the worlds largest construction equipment rental company and is a great place to work. I've been with the company for 21 years and they have been great to me. Pay is based on experience, fantastic medical/health benefits, 401K match, company holidays, vacation time and sick leave provided, home every night and a host of other quality benefits working for the leader in the industry. This position offers a ton of opportunity for advancement within United Rentals.

I've posted a link below with full job discription. If you or anyone of your friends or family is looking for a good career with a great company please have them call me at the office 918 302-3839 or fill out the online application in the link. If one of the members on OSA recommends an individual and they get hired I'll buy you +1 a nice steak dinner of your choice anywhere in OK. Any other questions please feel free to PM me and we can chat.

https://jobs.unitedrentals.com/sear...erienced/3e6d7967-b590-4dcc-aab2-1dec40d4354a

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’d better post an hourly wage on the job listing or you’ll have few applicants.
Maybe you could pirate one of Kirby-Smith’s Techs.
The official Listing is done by our internal recruiters and I have no say in how the listing is posted. LIsting the position's hourly wage has its positives and negatives. Will some not apply because the pay is not listed? Maybe. But in the end, those who don't apply or inquire further because the pay is not listed are probably only casual lookers or the sort of employee who would come board, work for a bit and jump ship to the next gig that pays a buck a more per hour. Also, I'd expect a qualified candidate to want to see how much they could negotiate their pay. Willingness to negotiate a higher rate tells me a fair amountabout the individual. Tell/show me why you are worth $X.xx per hour.

But since you asked, pay is based on experience, like most other careers. $27-$33/hour. Normal work day is 7am-5pm. It is not guaranteed but my team is getting from 5-12 hours of OT per week sometime more when things are cranking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom