Facebook Censors Account After Ghandi Quote Was Posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran across this article on The Drudge Report. Natural News (.com) had posted a quote from Ghandi about the British depriving the citizens of India their weapons. The full quote:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446

Once again, some liberal entity wishes to not allow free dialogue, in a sense, an online version of book burning. Read the article here:

Natural News Article About Facebook Censuring Them After Gandhi Quote

All the more reason why I would never sign up with Facebook.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on Facebook since you could sign up without a .edu account, and I have never gotten a virus from there. You need to keep your anti-virus and anti-malware up to date, and practice safe computing is all.

It's their community, their hardware, and their rules. They can do anything they want. That said, with over 800,000,000 (800 million) active users, I find it painfully difficult to believe that Facebook is watching individual pages for stuff like that. We're only getting one side of the story here. I'm willing to bet that someone reported that quote as offensive, or had another problem with Natural News.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It happens quite a lot but usually ends in Facebook backing down a while later after getting some bad press and then claiming it was just a mistake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom