FAL metric mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of any mags that can be converted to work in a metric FAL?
Trying to find out if there is any that'll work.
Also looking for some actual ones aswell.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
metric magazines are abundant. it is the inch mags that are hensteeth. please don't modify inch to metric. or maybe you have them mixed up and want to convert metric to inch??? the 30 round surplus magazines were for the bren and not the fal but they fit and function fine in the inch pattern fal. your metric reveiver can be modified to accept both inch and metric.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
metric magazines are abundant. it is the inch mags that are hensteeth. please don't modify inch to metric. or maybe you have them mixed up and want to convert metric to inch??? the 30 round surplus magazines were for the bren and not the fal but they fit and function fine in the inch pattern fal. your metric reveiver can be modified to accept both inch and metric.

This is true there are a lot of steel metric mags available all over the web right now . A lot of people balk at the pricing... but they are out there , just not at 20 year ago pricing.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep... can't buy eggs for 20 year ago prices either! the metric magazines are available in plenty both surplus or aftermarket. i am lucky tha t my fal will take either metric or inch. althought all of my 30 rounders are surplus bren mags and they are all inch pattern. i see that KCI makes fal mags now for a decent price. nobody that i know of makes aftermarket inch mags though

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep... can't buy eggs for 20 year ago prices either! the metric magazines are available in plenty both surplus or aftermarket. i am lucky tha t my fal will take either metric or inch. althought all of my 30 rounders are surplus bren mags and they are all inch pattern. i see that KCI makes fal mags now for a decent price. nobody that i know of makes aftermarket inch mags though

KCI does make them, and my experience was from the two I tried they was won't drop free but otherwise worked fine . Their M14 mags work as well but the lock up is often difficult hence my avoiding them when Check Mate mags are plentiful and cheap.

Back in the salad days I purchased so many FAL mags it wasn't funny. when I was building rifles with abandon, I tell PTR shooters to do the same while the GS mags are plentiful . Even at $4-$8 those surplus G3 mags are a bargain . If I just had to get into the 308 battle rifle game these days I would be get a PTR for that reason alone .

Latest posts

Top Bottom