Family First

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have an understanding of the situation and that is why I quit at young age of 51. I did not quit the company, but I quit the boss. Is it the boss or the company, even though you are a contractor, just sayin' since I have been out of the real business world loop for many years. Just wondering, because I have met many young people over the years or should I say a few, that asked the same question of me over the years and they came to the same conclusion: I quit the boss, manager, whatever, not the company.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I had to come to work yesterday and today. So far I have half of Wednesday of next week off and all of Thursday and Friday. It's better than what I had but it's still not great.

Sucks that my family is sitting at my house right now and that they will be doing that on Monday and Tuesday as well. The worst part is that I really haven't accomplished anything today out of a lack of motivation due to the circumstances... The truth is, if I weren't here today, it wouldn't be a problem. But for some reason, being at home with family would be a problem.

Just so friggen angry but trying not to think about it. I want out of this contract position so bad!!!

Hang in there man...

I'm still curious about them making what appears to be an employee position into a contract position. Employers all over do this illegally and evidently get away with it.

I'm glad you went towards the top and at least got some time with your family. Cherish all of that!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know that they need you, you could stand your ground. I know it sounds bad, but last year I marked my vacation on the board in January. Come July, my boss called me in the office and told me to cancel my vacation because we were too busy. I told him that I would lose the $800 that I spent on my cabin. He told me that it looked like I had a choice to make. The day before I left, I told him that I was going. He told me I would not have a job when I got back. I said fine. That Sunday, I called him and told him I would bring my stuff to him Monday and drop it off. He just told me to be at work. I quit the job last month after 5 years of working there, but nothing was said about my vacation. Sometimes you just have to decide what is more important to you. Know one really knows your situation, but you. You just have to weigh it all out and hope to make the right call. Good luck, and congrats on bringing the family over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom