Favorite war movies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During this pandemic, being out of work, I’ve had a lot of spare time. One thing I’ve been doing is re-watching war movies. Thought I’d see what others have for their top 5 favorites. Here’s my list, what’s yours?
1) Saving Private Ryan
2) Band of Brothers (a series but I count it as a movie)
3) The Pacific (another great series)
4) Enemy at the Gates
5) For me is a very close tie - Hacksaw Ridge vs. Fury
I know I listed 6, but the last 2 are too close to call for me, but I could easily list 5 more with a lot of ties.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a big fan of war movies...

I remember seeing a comedic one as a kid, but don't remember the title. It was WWII, and the crew had to leave the port in a sub that was primered, but not painted yet. So it was sort of a pink color.

Along the way, they rescued a bunch of nurses from a hospital ship (I think?). So they had these women always in the way, along with lingerie hanging everywhere.

One scene that sticks in my mind... they were doing reconnaissance along enemy shores, and one of the girls came through, lost her balance, and accidently hit a lever that fired a torpedo toward the beach. It went up on the beach, hit a military vehicle and exploded.

One of the guys told the skipper, "We just sunk a truck!"

Probably too silly to watch as an adult anyway. :D
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom