Fawn increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okhunt!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning all.

About this time every year, a lot of us hunters are setting and checking trail cameras. Some of us even run them year round. On my property, I usually get tons of doe pictures a few fawns and 1 or 2 bucks. This year has started off with a big switch. I have lots of fawns running around. 4-5 does and 6 different bucks on camera. Has anyone else seen an increase of fawns or bucks this year? Thanks for information and replies.
HUNT0041.JPG
WGI_0008.JPG

Last edited:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've noticed quite a few fawns, myself. Seems like decent recruitment occurred, but that can vary widely mile by mile. We did have solid rain and favorable conditions this year for it though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what may sound like a newb question: Are fawns this late in the year normal? We've noticed quite a few around our place. We've also noticed that we're seeing increasing numbers of fawn pairs in our area, too.

Bucks come into second rut in December and January. Most likely the spotted fawns we are seeing now came from that breeding season.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just went to my lease out by Dora/Roland area and I was shocked by the number of fawns I saw especially the pairs. Usually by this time only one fawn is left due to predators. Most of the fawns were about to lose their spots

Latest posts

Top Bottom