FFL Vs. CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a CCW, does this mean you shouldn't have any problem getting a FFL? What is required to get a FFL? Is the only difference a great deal of more money for the FFL?

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a CCW, does this mean you shouldn't have any problem getting a FFL? What is required to get a FFL? Is the only difference a great deal of more money for the FFL?

Getting your CCW is nothung more than a license to carry a concealed firearm. A FFL is a firearms dealer, and there is quite a bit of stuff that has to be done.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have to become a dealer to be able to use fully auto's? I don't care about being a dealer, are there different levels of FFL? I know these are dumb questions, but I'm just wondering.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the price, but the Class III tax stamp for dealers is different than the $200 one you do as the end user of a Class III item. I believe it's referred to as an SOT stamp (not sure what it stands for). It allows you to do as many transfers as you want during the year, but it must be paid yearly and kept up in order for you to keep Class III weapons around. If you don't renew it, you have to transfer them to yourself or someone else, paying the $200 stamp per item.

(At least I think all of that is accurate. I'm answering from memory.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom