Finally scored a USGI 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years of searching for a cheap USGI shooter, this gem fell into my lap yesterday (US&S slide, Ithaca frame, and High Standard barrel). She's been polished, blued, and loved on pretty hard, but I'm only into it for $525. While the gun is a little cosmetically challenged, it doesn't show much wear otherwise. Going to keep it as-is for now, but I may decide to refinish it with a Du-Lite type bluing sometime down the road. Thankfully the rollmarks and inspection stamps were not affected all that much when it was polished.

wvan1VZh.jpg

AKb8uzSh.jpg

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet already! It’s supposed to look well used, like it could tell a story or two if it could talk.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refinishing guns is dumb. Wear is character.

The gun has already been refinished as noted above. Du-Lite bluing would have been the original finish for both the slide and frame if someone wanted to make a restoration project out of it. The wear and character is the only thing that is preventing me from doing so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom