Finding a lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK how do you go about finding a lease when you don't live or have contact with landowners in the rural areas where you want to be?

Having hunted public land this year, the first time in over 20 years since my last bad experience I have no more desire to hunt it once again.

I am looking for 30~40 acres somewhere within 1.5 hours of Tulsa.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sit and wait for one to appear on the classifieds section of your local news paper or craigslist. or tire rubber and knocking doors.

Here is my advice. YMMV. Get on Google Earth. scope out the areas you are interested in pursuing. Find out a little more about the area. County roads, addresses, etc. Get on that county's assessors website. if they have tax records online you can easily get a name and address of the owner if no owner lives in the area.

Start making phone calls. You can also ask around in an area to see if neighbors have contact information of a certain land owner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to some of the small town cafe's for morning coffee, or lunch, put on your best behavior, and talk to the locals about hunting. You just never know when one of them might let you on, or offer a lease.
Visit the local Farmers coop, and put an ad on their bulletin board that your looking for a hunting lease. Times are tough out there, and you may get a call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom