First new law change after Sandy Hook shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pistol grip thing has made me chuckle for 15 years now. What the hell does a pistol grip have to do with anything- other than in the inner workings of a politician's brain?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pistol grip thing has made me chuckle for 15 years now. What the hell does a pistol grip have to do with anything- other than in the inner workings of a politician's brain?

Clearly a rifle with a pistol grip is a frightening thing to behold. Banning them is the only way to save our society. Could you even imagine what could have happened in WWII if the M1 Garand had a pistol grip? We would have won that war in like 10min or less. However, the lack of the pistol grip made the rifle more of a toy than anything else. I think the number of enemies killed with the Garand were like 14 or so in Europe and about 8 in the Pacififc. A pistol grip would have demoralized our enemy and been inhumane. I say keep pistol grips out of everyones hands.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell does a pistol grip have to do with anything- other than in the inner workings of a politician's brain?

What I heard somebody from the media claim was that the pistol grip makes it easier to stay on target and thus shoot more rounds quicker; therefore it contributes to the deadly capabilities of an 'assault rifle'.

I don't know if that is true or not. To me it looks like an excuse for singling out rifles of which they don't like the looks.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a shotgun with a pistol grip but without a shoulder thing that goes up, you're in big trouble. The average individual needs a shoulder thing that goes up or a shoulder thing that comes out or a shoulder thing that's fixed in place.
The pistol grip should actually be desired by the government. It makes my redneck cousins cry like little girls.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume these restriction would also apply to law enforcement? After all, if the only purpose of standard capacity magazines and scary rifles is to massacre people then no one should have them.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I caught a blurb from somewhere a day or two ago where it was said the pistol grip was the feature allowed someone to hold down these powerful assault weapons while firing rapidly and hit so many targets.

Of course I also heard Bloomberg say last night on nightline that assault weapons kept firing when the trigger was held, the interviewer called him on it and he quickly changed the subject. Just goes to show there's a lot of bs and lies being pushed on the subject. Opinions are one thing but outright lies should not be tolerated as they are in our society.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not yet. But scary that is even proposed. Any gun with a pistol grip is an assault weapon? Wow

Wouldn't this make all pistols assault weapons?:anyone:

I assume these restriction would also apply to law enforcement? After all, if the only purpose of standard capacity magazines and scary rifles is to massacre people then no one should have them.
I think if this applied to LEO too you'd really see upheaval and disdain for these laws. If they said LEO could have them then you could say "So it must not be the pistol grip or the high capacity magazine that is the problem then is it?" It's responsible use of guns in general that is the problem. Murder, that's the the real problem here. Lets go ahead and pass a law that...wait...nevermind.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sad thing is, something like this will pass for law in CN, even if they know it will get beat-down in court years later...this is about looking good and doing "something" because any pol in CN that goes against this is toast in the next election. Is it even legal to make a tax @ 50% on the ammo?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us are trained to have the bolt closed before the empty mag hits the ground. Some people can do just as much damage in the same time frame with 3-10 round mags as 1-30 round mag.

I'm at about 1.5 seconds from when the beeper goes off at the draw, until the gun fires according to the shot timer, so limiting me to 5 round mags is going to stop anything?

Latest posts

Top Bottom