Fiscal Cliff Bill passes house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well we aren't too far apart. We need to pull the flush handle on all of Washington DC. Personally, I don't think it's gonna matter much anyway because everything's spiraling on them. The repubs have pissed off the entire country on their inaction for the hurricane Sandy aid. I know it was a dripping pork turd, but the political cost was far greater than the money they are trying to save. They lose every single political fight they see and I fear that they are going to cave on everything every time from here on out. And that will cause them to lose big in 2014. After that we'll lose the 2A, if we don't lose it before, and then it ain't gonna matter...

this is kinda how it might happen unless the GOP elects a semi unknown Speaker who can lead.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well we aren't too far apart. We need to pull the flush handle on all of Washington DC. Personally, I don't think it's gonna matter much anyway because everything's spiraling on them. The repubs have pissed off the entire country on their inaction for the hurricane Sandy aid. I know it was a dripping pork turd, but the political cost was far greater than the money they are trying to save. They lose every single political fight they see and I fear that they are going to cave on everything every time from here on out. And that will cause them to lose big in 2014. After that we'll lose the 2A, if we don't lose it before, and then it ain't gonna matter...

Agreed 100%

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a different perspective on the situation...

Who forced a 'fiscal cliff' deal? Try foreign investors.

[On the day after the last-minute agreement, an uptick in global stock prices seemed far more welcome in Washington than the reaction of voters. The reason is that foreign creditors to the US Treasury had been near a tipping point in wanting their money back, possibly forcing a crisis for US debt.

Investors worldwide now demand the US government display more stability and trust. Globalization has given them a big say in the policy logjams of many countries, and the United States is not immune. Its lingering disputes over issues like taxes and spending have become a prime indicator of its ability to remain innovative, reliable, and productive...]

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary...ced-a-fiscal-cliff-deal-Try-foreign-investors

Latest posts

Top Bottom