Fly fishermen, fashionistas fight over feathers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Girls gotta have them some feathers!

And in true OSA fashion ... off the tracks goes this thread ...

Why in the world do they have to euthanize the roosters to harvest the feathers?? I mean really ... I plucked quite a few feathers in my day just trying to catch a rooster ... albeit accidentally ... but anyway, I digress ...

I'll bet the tree huggers are in quite a conundrum ... if they fight for the rights of the roosters then poor innocent fish will die ... if they fight for the rights of the fish the poor innocent roosters will die ... oh woe ... what's an activist to do??

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny and irritating at the same time. I won't pay that kind of money to buy hackles to tie with, can I use crow feathers? In season of course.
I had a cousin that figured out early that they were basically fly tying materials so she went to all the fly shops around Laramie and Cheyenne WY and pretty much bought them out of hackles, then turned around and made a serious profit off ebay. Good for her, I guess.
(Tin foil hat on before someone beats me to it) It's probably a plot by PETA to raise the price of feathers to the point no one can afford to buy flies anymore thereby saving all the fishes, and chickens for that matter, no one will want to slaughter their chickens because the feathers are too valuable;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom