FN HiPer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of the HiPer much better than the 509/510 series. So, why you gots to bust on me like that?
IMG_0100.jpeg

Just another bitter clinger refusing to let go of the past I am.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow another polymer framed striker fired 9mm, how innovative 🫠

When was the last time you saw a mag release that operated like that? I never have. I think that's innovative and potentially very useful for people with smaller hands. No need to change your grip at all and each side operates independently.

When was the last time you saw the slide lock/release lever in the back of the gun where it's also easily within reach without changing your grip? I never have that I can remember. I think that's pretty innovative, too.

And if you haven't noticed, striker-fired, polymer pistols...chambered in 9mm...are what people/the market in general want. That's why almost every gun company on the planet makes them. The days of all guns being made of steel and being hammer fired are long gone. There's very little really new on the market these days. Those few things I mentioned are new and innovative and I'm happy to see a gun maker trying them out.

According to the video I watched an FN rep said the name means Hi Performance but gives a nod to the High Power.

I don't understand why there's always so much resistance to new products. As a shooter, I'm always happy to see new guns hit the market. They're not all for me, but someone out there will like them and those new guns inspire other makers to try new things. It's not a bad thing.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ll see, FN makes great guns but as with the 509 I own it just isn’t as good as the other options out there like a VP9. This new offering looks to have the same overly chunky upper and high bore axis and it the trigger is anything like the 509 it will need work.

That said, I like the suppressor height sights to run with an optic, also the stippling down the side is a trend I support, and of course now we all want those front serrations.

Mark me as cautiously optimistic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom