Foggy, Hazy, Scratched Headlight Lenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Picture of before and after.
A2DBDD3D-FC7E-4AE1-915B-BFD3C8135E25.png

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s a car wash?
My wife would call it ocd, I just cannot stand driving in a dirty vehicle. It makes me uncomfortable and anxious so I guess it’s a bonus for her because I keep both our rides clean inside and out. I can tell it irritates her some but whatever

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always hit mine with a layer of rattle can clear coat after I polish mine, but I use 1000grit sandpaper so I'm going a little deeper than a paper towel and some bug spray will go.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just did two vehicles recently with several members here “way to do it” it worked perfect. Wet sand with wet sandpaper and work up to 2000. Then a good buff with plastic polish. Fast and perfect. Will keep them sprayed for UV.

Swamprat and a couple others here walked me through it. That first wet sand and I rinsed I was shocked! Thought well they are screwed! But I kept at it and they looked like new.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done it a few times but after a year or so it comes back. It a little better if you use a sealer as mentioned above. After a few times, I just gave up and bought some new after market headlights on ebay.
Yep, and then the replacements go hazy in too short of time :) It is a cycle...I try the polish method, marginal results, then eventually buy new aftermarket, then they go bad too.
I just did two vehicles recently with several members here “way to do it” it worked perfect. Wet sand with wet sandpaper and work up to 2000. Then a good buff with plastic polish. Fast and perfect. Will keep them sprayed for UV.

Swamprat and a cool others walked me through it. That first wet sand and I rinsed I was shocked! Thought well they are screwed! But I kept at it and they looked like new.
Sounds nice but I am lazy...too much work...I want the "easiest method" which sounds like the OFF thing? Wonder if you can wax them or seal them after using OFF and if that prolongs the effects?

Latest posts

Top Bottom