For those of you who miss the Good Old Days of Marshal Dillon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to catch the episode "Sodbusters" with Morgan Woodward (brother of Tulsa's old "gusty" weatherman Lee Woodward), Leif Garrett, Harrison Ford and enough one liners and quotes to keep you armed for a decade.

"I hate those sodbusters... tea drinkin', hymm singin' virgins with hoes... I hate 'em, I'm gonna drive 'em out! Their stink holds tight to 'em like skunk juice."

In fact, ANYTHING with Morgan Woodward in it is going to be chock full of cool quotes like those. He holds the record for the most guest appearances on Gunsmoke and was in a ton of other TV back then including Star Trek and not to mention being Boss Godfrey in Cool Hand Luke!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morgan Woodward was also Jock Ewing's buddy and fellow oil baron, Punk Anderson.

Try to catch the episode "Sodbusters" with Morgan Woodward (brother of Tulsa's old "gusty" weatherman Lee Woodward), Leif Garrett, Harrison Ford and enough one liners and quotes to keep you armed for a decade.

"I hate those sodbusters... tea drinkin', hymm singin' virgins with hoes... I hate 'em, I'm gonna drive 'em out! Their stink holds tight to 'em like skunk juice."

In fact, ANYTHING with Morgan Woodward in it is going to be chock full of cool quotes like those. He holds the record for the most guest appearances on Gunsmoke and was in a ton of other TV back then including Star Trek and not to mention being Boss Godfrey in Cool Hand Luke!

mild bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can catch some of the aforememtioned shows on encore movie channel including Maverick, Havegun will travel, The Virginian and Cheyenne every weekday, also Gunsmoke. I saw a movie this morning with Arness playing a bit part ,the credits listed him as Jim instead of James, he was very young.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You'll love this article. It's a long read, but worth it. He makes a good point about heroes.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_2_54/ai_n21175837/

At 42, I can remember Gunsmoke coming on in its last years. I also remember that great shows like Bonanza, Wagon Train, Rawhide, The Big Valley etc. ran in syndication.

Gotta wonder where it all went wrong.Blame the lawyers. :)

I think about half of us know where it all went wrong, but the other half just wants to deny it. Part of that answer is in what you see on TV these day. You asked.

I read the first page, and it is rather depressing and disheartening when you think about what is on TV these days. Are there any new shows on the major networks these days that a family can actually sit down together and watch? Not many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom