Freaking neighbors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coming home last night from playing dominoes with friends at almost 11pm and get about a mile and a half from my house and one of my long time “neighbors” had cattle out in the road-as usual.

I slowed and swerved in a controlled manner when I saw a 500-600lb calf had jumped out from behind mama and then jumped into the side of my truck.

Called and texted neighbor last night after getting hit and calling county sheriff, no return call neighbor. Called this morning no answer then texted his son and daughter in law. Did have a Highway Patrolman call me, take a report and give me a case # though.

Neighbor calls back finally, told him what happened then he starts his B.S. crap saying Oklahoma is considered an open range state and it’s pretty much like an act of God sorta like when a deer hits you.

I tell him I need you to get with your insurance guy and get a claim started cause your calf hit my truck, he says the same line of crap over and over. I say to him how many times have I called you about your cattle being out?

I’ve known this jackwagon my whole life, never thought he’d do this to a “neighbor”. Now I’m gonna have to call his insurance guy tomorrow and start what I’m feeling is going to be a hassle.

Just a little peeved off rant and a PSA for ya’ll to be aware of your “good neighbors”.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have called him a minimum of a dozen times, from now on I’ll call the county and tell them, hate to bother them and even then they might not do anything.

I’ve got full coverage and did call my insurance co. this morning. They said if I submitted a claim with them and after the truck was repaired they could go after his insurance company to recoup the dollars.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be reading something that’s inaccurate. It said free range ended in 1895 in Oklahoma. Another question to help me understand. If the entire state is Free Range does that mean cattle can just roam free in downtown OKC or Tulsa?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Coming home last night from playing dominoes with friends at almost 11pm and get about a mile and a half from my house and one of my long time “neighbors” had cattle out in the road-as usual.

I slowed and swerved in a controlled manner when I saw a 500-600lb calf had jumped out from behind mama and then jumped into the side of my truck.

Called and texted neighbor last night after getting hit and calling county sheriff, no return call neighbor. Called this morning no answer then texted his son and daughter in law. Did have a Highway Patrolman call me, take a report and give me a case # though.

Neighbor calls back finally, told him what happened then he starts his B.S. crap saying Oklahoma is considered an open range state and it’s pretty much like an act of God sorta like when a deer hits you.

I tell him I need you to get with your insurance guy and get a claim started cause your calf hit my truck, he says the same line of crap over and over. I say to him how many times have I called you about your cattle being out?

I’ve known this jackwagon my whole life, never thought he’d do this to a “neighbor”. Now I’m gonna have to call his insurance guy tomorrow and start what I’m feeling is going to be a hassle.

Just a little peeved off rant and a PSA for ya’ll to be aware of your “good neighbors”.
If his cows are running around free ranging, then I'd think someone might deliver a couple to some friends and maybe one to the freezer. But IDK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom