Game camera tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bwahaha, that picture cracks me up.^^^

I had mine all set up for 3 weeks and return to find the batteries dead and hundreds of pics of moving trees/brush/grass.....and 1 fawn. They shot all the pics in the first day until the batteries died.:grumble:

I had them on high sensitivity, and that coupled with small trees and high winds the day I hung them did it I guess. It's never happened in the 2 years I've ran these cameras before. Oh well, bigger trees and turned down the sensitivity on Friday. We'll see if I get anything this time.

Hopefully it will catch a smiling RidgeHunter dragging out a dead doe by the end of the weekend. :D I've never killed a deer earlier than the second week of season, it's a goal. One of many.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You said during the night too, so that shoots out that it might have been from the shadows moving from the rising and setting of the sun.

I have used a 6.5 foot T post, I attach a small piece of plywood about camera size. I leave the post out there year around. I can strap my camera around it pretty easy.

This darn camera, Stealth Cam 1500 or 1600 or something like that was shooting pix in the middle of the night. Burst shots - sometimes I had it set for 3 or 7 or 9, but towards the end of the season I just set if for one, I think.
I got excited on a couple times when I got a couple cows and almost cheered when I got a coon. It could be that that sensitivity was set to high and when the camera wbbled on the T-post or when the wind moved twigs. I was baffled. Still am!

Latest posts

Top Bottom