Gentlemen's Style Thread: Dress, Drink, Smoke, Gadgetry, Grooming, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only razor I have used in my life. Double edge blades are not as readily as they once were. I have shaved for a few years with a straight razor as well, to learn how and to be good at it. It takes slow practice, but once down, you can go to town with one fast.

Oh and Knob Creek is a fav of mine as well! As well as Forty Creek.

classicshaving.com

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's ole 348's run down. It's nothing fancy, but it gets me by.

Starting from the ground up; week days I wear Allen Edmonds or Ferragamos, usually wing tips, with matching belt of course. Pleated front dress slacks, with full break, and cuffs. Nice slim fit long sleeve dress shirt. I don't always wear a tie, but when I do, I prefer Ermenegildo Zegna. Throw on a nice leather strap watch and I'm out the door.

I shave with a Merkur Futur or a Parker shavette. Both loaded with feather blades. I'm too lazy to maintain a straight razor and buy the feathers in bulk.

Though I don't do much of the hard stuff, my drinks of choice are Oban, Dickel #12, Crown, or Russian Standard. When it's beer time there isn't much I won't drink. I love ice cold beer.

I haven't smoked a cigar in a few years, but I like Opus X. When it comes to pipes, I smoke 5100 or Blue note in my Savinelli Porto Cervo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's ole 348's run down. It's nothing fancy, but it gets me by.

Starting from the ground up; week days I wear Allen Edmonds or Ferragamos, usually wing tips, with matching belt of course. Pleated front dress slacks, with full break, and cuffs. Nice slim fit long sleeve dress shirt. I don't always wear a tie, but when I do, I prefer Ermenegildo Zegna. Throw on a nice leather strap watch and I'm out the door.

I shave with a Merkur Futur or a Parker shavette. Both loaded with feather blades. I'm too lazy to maintain a straight razor and buy the feathers in bulk.

Though I don't do much of the hard stuff, my drinks of choice are Oban, Dickel #12, Crown, or Russian Standard. When it's beer time there isn't much I won't drink. I love ice cold beer.

I haven't smoked a cigar in a few years, but I like Opus X. When it comes to pipes, I smoke 5100 or Blue note in my Savinelli Porto Cervo.

We are kindred spirits with exception of the Tabaco.

The slobs that show up in public in tshirts and tennis shoes, are to be pointed out and made fun of.
I don't know how our dress codes have became so indicative of our society's slide into depravity.
:crying:

When will we come back to a proper Victorian era?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'Sigh'. It had to happen, what with all the other Social Engineering threads.

A Metrosexual fashion thread on a Shooters forum.

J/K. Dennis, 348, you might like this:http://www.realmenrealstyle.com

Seriously, have you looked around at the people in restaurants? I'm embarrassed for some of them. Its worse than the people of Walmart.

We still get office style clothes or better to go dine.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show me an old man who wears his shirt (any shirt) un-tucked and I'll show you a man that's carrying a gun. No, that isn't a colostomy bag, that's a gun. Either that old man is wearing a gun or he wasn't raised right. In either case, RUN for your lives.

Shhhhh!

Latest posts

Top Bottom