Gentlemen's Style Thread: Dress, Drink, Smoke, Gadgetry, Grooming, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sitting in my hot tub, smoking butter rum tobacco out of my Savenelli Hercules, drinking two fingers of Knob Creek.

A friend of mine at work and I were discussing going back to safety razors. My brother got me a Merkur with a badger brush.

Im starting to try and enjoy life more now, used to wish it away and not live in the moment.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only razor I have used in my life. Double edge blades are not as readily as they once were. I have shaved for a few years with a straight razor as well, to learn how and to be good at it. It takes slow practice, but once down, you can go to town with one fast.

Oh and Knob Creek is a fav of mine as well! As well as Forty Creek.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good brush, soap and safety razor changed my life as far as shaving is concerned. Less irritation and more enjoyable. Badger and blade is a good forum for wet shaving info (and also discussions for those other items you mentioned)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heh! I go to Sam's and buy Bics, or similar. They're plastic bodied, single bladed safety razors by the gross. Well, maybe not a gross, but a bunch in a plastic wrap. One package lasts for more than a year, probably two. And, they work like a charm.

And you can still drink anything you choose.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only razor I have used in my life. Double edge blades are not as readily as they once were. I have shaved for a few years with a straight razor as well, to learn how and to be good at it. It takes slow practice, but once down, you can go to town with one fast.

Oh and Knob Creek is a fav of mine as well! As well as Forty Creek.

Try the dollar stores. They often have decent DE blades.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched to safety razors a couple years ago. Have a small collection of Gillette razors, most of them older than me. I'll never go back to overpriced cartridge razors.

Oh, and check out:

artofmanliness.com

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my double-edge. Been at it for a year and a half now, and it's great.

As for blades, I've found that if the question begins with the words "where can I buy...," the answer is usually Amazon. Go find yourself a sampler pack, try a bunch of different ones (save the Feathers for late in your testing; they're wicked-sharp), and order what you like from there. It's okay to browse at The Art of Shaving, but don't spend money there; they make Gun World look like a bargain house.

Ogallala Bay Rum is pretty good stuff, too.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting in my hot tub, smoking butter rum tobacco out of my Savenelli Hercules, drinking two fingers of Knob Creek.

A friend of mine at work and I were discussing going back to safety razors. My brother got me a Merkur with a badger brush.

Im starting to try and enjoy life more now, used to wish it away and not live in the moment.

That butter rum tobacco sounds interesting. Where can it be purchased? My current favorite is Isaac's Blend from Tobacco Exchange through my Castello Sea Rock Bent Billiard coupled with a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruben.

Latest posts

Top Bottom