George Kaiser influence on the political/social front in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember all the details, but I know Dad had some dealings with Kaiser way back in the good old days. (Dad was in the pipe/valve business for the oilfield)

I know one thing he said - "those folks bragging about old man Kaiser must not know how many people he screwed to get where he is".

Dad was as honest a man as I've known, and I'll take that as the truth.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father worked for him for many years and had several stories about how tight George was with his money. Things like driving a car that had a driver's side door that couldn't be opened from the outside and stocking his house with the same TP that he bought for the office.

And that he worked all. the. time.

i wonder how many places have their own version of Kaiser, influencing the direction of a city.

But i will say this, the dude managed to create an amazing park for Tulsa. It's damned impressive.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My uncles Dad got Herman Kaiser in business selling stripper wells and junk iron to him. He later started Kaiser-Francis Oil Co. George I believe graduated from Harvard before taking over the company. George has a photographic memory. I worked for him in the 1980's until he sold the drilling fluids and acidizing company I started for him and left me with a chance to go to work for the new owner. At the time George was a Republican and would send out letters suggesting who to vote for. After he bought Bank of Oklahoma he switched to being a Democrat. Like Donner said he was extremely tight but took good care of his employees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom