• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Glock 19 gen 3 frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Off topic, what’s your opinion on the Poly80 frames? I’ve been eyeballing their serialized frames.
Very good. They run as smooth as OEM frames and just as tough. In a lot of ways, it's probably an even stronger frame than Glock due to the beefier metal locking blocks and rails.

There's a couple of tricks you have to note. You have to grind down completely the recoil spring channel. Don't be shy there. Get all the plastic grounded out completely and then remove all burrs. I would be sure finish off with atleast 800 grit sandpaper to smooth it out, but I would take the time to go up to 1000 and 3000 grit to really smooth it out.

Sometimes the rear rails can be overly beefy and make your slide too tight. You can remedy this by slightly sanding and polishing the top of the back rails to slick it up and remove a little bit of material. If you really wanted to slick it up, you could polish both rails up, but I don't find this necessary.

The grip angle is more 1911-ish and thinner. A lot of people prefer the Polymer80 frames over the OEM frames. It also has all the slide undercuts, ect.

Not all Polymer80 frame glocks will fit Glock holsters, but most all Glock holsters should fit (although not perfect, but works) in all Polymer80 holsters. There's a few other things I recommend to help make Polymer80 frames more compatible.

Under the trigger guard, there's a hump in between the 2 "undercuts." I would grind this down a bit. You can leave a little to have the undercut look and feel, or completely flatten it out. Also the front corner of the trigger guard is a bit thick and protrudes out. I would thin this down and shave how far it protrudes out also. This alone will help make Polymer80 frames fit in Glock holsters.

The second thing I would do is thin out the area just above the picatinny rails on both sides. If you compare it to a Glock frame, these protrude a lot farther, which makes the frames thicker in the front. Slimming this down up to the take down lever will help make the frames more compatible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom