Glock 42 range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to go to the range this morning, I put 108 rounds of ammunition thru my new Glock 42; Last night I ran a bore snake thru the barrel and then lubed the gun after( I use Slip 2000 EWL, it is what the instructor at the Glock Armorers Course I attended, said he used). I fired 50 rounds of 95 grain Remington FMJ and 50 rounds of 95 grain Winchester White Box FMJ and 8 rounds of Hornady 95 Grain FTX Critical Defense. I was happy with groups.

No hiccups, no FTE, or no FTF, I tried both methods of returning the slide to battery -- sling shot (preferred by Glock) and depressing the slide lock, both worked equally well -- Today I shot from 7 yards and 10 yards at some 9 inch paper plate -- I had a tendency to pull the shots a little to the left when rushed, have to work on trigger press. -- fairly easy to stay on target for double tap.

Small light handgun, used my Blackhawk # 3 pocket holster, had to dig a little to get handgun out of my front pocket of my cargo shorts -- have to work on handgun presentation, from pocket -- might look at different pocket holster.

I really enjoyed shooting the Glock 42, a lot more than my Ruger LCP, Does it replace my PM9 -- jury is still out.

Compared to my XD-s 9MM, weight wise the XD-s is a boat anchor, PM9 and XD-s 9MM both shoot great for me.