Glock 43 who's got one??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I meant to each other. You guys are fighting like an old married couple... And how is Surber?

Hell I dunno. He's so old I don't even know if he's still alive and kicking. Crazy old coot pops up every now and then....usually got some beat up old p.o.s. 1911 he found at some garage sale or something he's tryin' to pawn off on some poor soul. I called the Old Folks Home to check on him and they said he got into the rubbing alcohol again and they haven't seen him for days. Last I heard he pushed some old crippled up geezer off his Lil Rascal Scooter and was heading towards the gun show. Back when he was younger, his nickname was "short round".
:drunk:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, your memory really does suck. I was with you when we stole the rubbing alcohol, and it was you I pushed off the scooter trying to get the first drink and you know I've been going by Squirt & Get since I reached puberty.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to fondle one the other day. It and the Shield.

Shield is the hands down winner. I like the G42 for a mouse gun, it's a fun gun to shoot and the G43 is soooooo close to the G42 I can't fathom why Glock did the 42 first. But I suspect that may become apparent pretty soon.

The Shield in 9mm is going to be more controllable, has better sights, holds another round. And the trigger! OMG! The trigger is light years ahead of the G43. Plus I wouldn't be afraid of +P loads in the Shield. I'd have some reservations on shooting them in the G43, at least a fair amount of them anyway. I didn't take the slide off and look, but if the G43 has the same frame/slide rails as the G42 it will be a very "unGlock" like gun, needing frequent tuneups.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to fondle one the other day. It and the Shield.

Shield is the hands down winner. I like the G42 for a mouse gun, it's a fun gun to shoot and the G43 is soooooo close to the G42 I can't fathom why Glock did the 42 first. But I suspect that may become apparent pretty soon.

The Shield in 9mm is going to be more controllable, has better sights, holds another round. And the trigger! OMG! The trigger is light years ahead of the G43. Plus I wouldn't be afraid of +P loads in the Shield. .

my impressions exactly

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opposite of mine. I don't like M&P triggers and shooting the shield feels like it's coming out of my hand. I will take my 43 any day.

Exactly. The Shield is a fine pistol, no doubt, but the G43 feels better to me and I like the trigger on mine a whole lot better than the one on the Shield I had. I have owned both, shot, and prefer the 43.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, your memory really does suck. I was with you when we stole the rubbing alcohol, and it was you I pushed off the scooter trying to get the first drink and you know I've been going by Squirt & Get since I reached puberty.

So YOU'RE the scalawag that stole my Lil Rascal AND the rubbing alcohol AND made off with the little old lady from down the hall! You ne'er-do-well you! :nutkick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom