Good double mag pouch/carrier? Likely kydex, OWB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for something molded, light, solid, OWB with clips I can put on and take off without removing my belt.

Here's what I've been using, apparently since Apr of 2019.

https://bubbasholsterco.com/shop/ols/products/bubbas-double-mag-carrier/v/BBB-S-DBL-MAG-SIG-P361
This morning the kydex portion broke, there's no fixing it. I'm looking for another. I'd just order the same thing again, but hoping to find something a bit better and/or cheaper. Don't wanna spend $80 on a mag pouch. Definitely needs to be a double.

Any ideas?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wearing a Galco MFP for years and years. It carries a single mag and a 1 inch diameter flashlight, such as a Surefire G2X or 6P. It's a paddle, so it's on/off in a flash. It's leather, of course.

magflahmag_large.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for something molded, light, solid, OWB with clips I can put on and take off without removing my belt.

Here's what I've been using, apparently since Apr of 2019.

https://bubbasholsterco.com/shop/ols/products/bubbas-double-mag-carrier/v/BBB-S-DBL-MAG-SIG-P361
This morning the kydex portion broke, there's no fixing it. I'm looking for another. I'd just order the same thing again, but hoping to find something a bit better and/or cheaper. Don't wanna spend $80 on a mag pouch. Definitely needs to be a double.

Any ideas?
Does Bubba have a warranty?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just if anyone was interested, I ended up ordering the same thing again.

I spent a lot of time, looked at 20 or 30 different holster manufacturers and couldn't find any that had the same style clips as the one I'm using. I really like them, as it allows me to easily put on or remove my holster even when my belt is already on and cinched tight. I usually put my gun holster on the right with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped, belt open, then I button everything up, tighten it up and holster my firearm. Then I can easily put on my mag holster on the other side with these tabs this manufacturer uses. It's better than a paddle setup for installation and removal.

I was shocked at how many manufacturers want $50, $70 or even $80 for a relatively simple kydex mag holster. It was just shocking.

<edit> I might keep my eye open for a good leather double mag holster, as it will be more flexible over the longrun. I'm sure due to the width of this holster, and how it almost "wraps" around my hip, this additional flexion has contributed to the breaking of the kydex after only 2 years.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked through theirs, the only belt option it looks like they have is thread-on, which I won't use for anything. Way too inconvenient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom