Good TV shows cancelled after one or two seasons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Totally agree about Memphis Beat with Jason Lee. Good show that was not given a chance. I still get a chuckle when I think about him breaking the glass on a door while saying "there is an ap for that."

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh, had forgotten 'Lie to Me' that was really good.

Enjoyed 'Life on Mars' finally a really new concept, but it was more of a mini-series. Once they made it to Mars, it was pretty much over unless the made it into another 'Star Trek' or some such.

'Terra Nova' had soooooooooooo many directions to go and though not a totally new concept, such a fresh approach with good storylines and possibilities, cancelled way too soon.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoyed 'Life on Mars' finally a really new concept, but it was more of a mini-series. Once they made it to Mars, it was pretty much over unless the made it into another 'Star Trek' or some such.
Must be a different Life on Mars--the ones I saw are about a cop (Sam Tyler) who gets hit by a car in 2006(BBC)/2008(ABC) and awakens as a detective in his same precinct in 1973. The BBC version actually had a follow-up series, Ashes to Ashes, with a female lead who'd studied Sam--she gets shot in the first episode and ends up with the same unit as Sam, but in 1981.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be a different Life on Mars--the ones I saw are about a cop (Sam Tyler) who gets hit by a car in 2006(BBC)/2008(ABC) and awakens as a detective in his same precinct in 1973. The BBC version actually had a follow-up series, Ashes to Ashes, with a female lead who'd studied Sam--she gets shot in the first episode and ends up with the same unit as Sam, but in 1981.

Same show, Sooner. Show ended when they were awakened from induced sleep for their long journey to Mars. Hence, being called 'Spaceman'. The going back in time was all induced dreams, but he had a computer malfunction.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many have said, Firefly, Sanctuary, SG:U (I really liked this one), Teranova, Jericho, etc.

Also one that was great, but killed far too early, V, the reboot of the show from the 80s. Morena Baccarin was astounding as the Queen in that show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom