Got my bear rug back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bear rug dood!:thumb:

Imma guess you set up a tripod and took some pics like this on the rug?

asouthernfriedfatty.files.wordpress.com_2009_09_george_costanza.jpg

And no, I don't wanna see them.

OMG!! thats funny!:D

And No, I do not want to see the pics either:laugh6:

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! Man, it doesn't seem like it's been that long since you went.
Seems like an eternity to me. I literally waited every single day to get the phone call that it was ready.

Looks like he did a good job on the rug. Can it be hung on the wall?
Yup, its already got little metal rings stitched onto the back side at just the right points.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like an eternity to me. I literally waited every single day to get the phone call that it was ready.

I know how THAT goes. My African trophies were in NYC (still not finished) when 9/11 hit ... one full year after I got home. The taxidermist could literally see the World Trade Centers from his shop.

ChiefT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am scheduled to go on a bear hunt in September, I was wondering if you could tell me what caliber you used? Did he drop right there or was there a lot of tracking involved?

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am scheduled to go on a bear hunt in September, I was wondering if you could tell me what caliber you used? Did he drop right there or was there a lot of tracking involved?
I used a 7mm Remington mag handloaded with 160 grain Partitions. I'm sure it would've dropped right there if I had made a better shot, but there was a little tracking involved and the guide ended up finishing him off with his .45-70.

Where are you going?

ChiefT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to Kenora, Ontario. It's my first bear hunt. I'm told they have an unbelievable high bear population up there. I have been wondering what a good caliber rifle would be to take. I've heard a lot of good comments on the 45-70. At this point I think that will be my choice. Unless, of course, someone gives me a better idea:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom