Gotoguy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMyJeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish my dealing with GOTOGUY had been as good as ssgrock3.

GOTOGUY PM'ed me last night and made me an offer on the G17 I had for sale. I accepted his offer and he was supposed to call me around 2:30 today. I took the time to dismantle the pistol and replace it will all stock parts for him per my posting in my ad.

He did call and told me he wasn't sure if he wanted it or not saying something about he didn't really need it. I told him I was under the impression his PM stating he would take it meant he wanted to buy it. I agreed to go ahead and meet him.

When I met him, the first thing he asked me was if I was interested in trading for another pistol. He looked at the pistol and asked where the extended mag release and butt plug was. I told him they did not come with the pistol in the original configuration so they were not included. He decided not to purchase.

It plainly stated in my ad I would sell the G17 in stock configuration for $525. I wasted my time taking the pistol apart to put it in that condition and further wasted my time meeting him. I guess I should have paid more attention to that gut feeling that told me not to deal with a new member. It is obvious to me now that he didn't have the money to make the purchase by his statements of not really needing it and asking me to do a trade.

One of two things happened. He had a change of heart BEFORE he looked at the pistol and/or he didn't read the ad completely. I accept his apology, but he has demonstrated he isn't a very honest person with his statement about the condition of the Glock. Personally, I won't do business with him again.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish my dealing with GOTOGUY had been as good as ssgrock3.

GOTOGUY PM'ed me last night and made me an offer on the G17 I had for sale. I accepted his offer and he was supposed to call me around 2:30 today. I took the time to dismantle the pistol and replace it will all stock parts for him per my posting in my ad.

He did call and told me he wasn't sure if he wanted it or not saying something about he didn't really need it. I told him I was under the impression his PM stating he would take it meant he wanted to buy it. I agreed to go ahead and meet him.

When I met him, the first thing he asked me was if I was interested in trading for another pistol. He looked at the pistol and asked where the extended mag release and butt plug was. I told him they did not come with the pistol in the original configuration so they were not included. He decided not to purchase.

It plainly stated in my ad I would sell the G17 in stock configuration for $525. I wasted my time taking the pistol apart to put it in that condition and further wasted my time meeting him. I guess I should have paid more attention to that gut feeling that told me not to deal with a new member. It is obvious to me now that he didn't have the money to make the purchase by his statements of not really needing it and asking me to do a trade.

I had the money. I didn't want to shell out $500 on a stock GLOCK that had the barrel polished to make it look newer than it was. The gun looked like it had about 50,000 rounds down the pipe! I don't think anyone on here would pay $500 for a very used GLOCK when you can buy them new for that price.

Also, I offered to pay him for his time.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a FTF with Gotoguy today and everything went smooth. Met me half way and pistol is in exact condition as he advertised. Thanks again.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good ftf with goto. He held item for me even after he didnt recieve my mail payment until i made it to okc. I got my check back in mail i sent to A ave instead of may ave. Thanks, John

Latest posts

Top Bottom