Government got a bonus this year...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They won't even kiss your baby anymore. Just bend you over. You have to work hard for deductions throughout the year so you get that back and more. We've finally got things structured here so that we're the ones that stay upright and they bend over, but it makes my head swim sometimes putting it all together. About the time you learn the rules, they change the whole game.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They won't even kiss your baby anymore. Just bend you over. You have to work hard for deductions throughout the year so you get that back and more. We've finally got things structured here so that we're the ones that stay upright and they bend over, but it makes my head swim sometimes putting it all together. About the time you learn the rules, they change the whole game.
I’m terrible at taxes. Next week I’m going on a tool buying spending spree. Hopefully that will help some.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m terrible at taxes. Next week I’m going on a tool buying spending spree. Hopefully that will help some.
Keep your receipts, don't add drinks and candy on the receipt unless you take it off for claiming, and it'll help.

Depending on how your company is structured, one thing that helps 100%, and you have 1 week and 1 day to do it...is to take your family to dinner someplace nice and talk about work for a minute.

For an even bigger middle finger to the tax man you can take them on a "Holiday getaway" instead, but again you only have a week and a day. For trips, 60% of each day needs to be regarding business stuff (just write down an itenerary), all ubers, travel, meals,rental cars, and hotel is deductible at 100%. You also get a "free" day where no business needs to be conducted for the day you arrive, and the day you leave. You'll go in the hole for souvenirs and extras, but the money you spend is going to the government if you don't use it.

Nothing warms my heart like sticking it to the tax man. And nothing warms Mrs Tanker's heart like going on a trip and wasting kids' inheritance 🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom