Gun shows this weekend 3/11/17 and 3/12/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought and sold firearms at good prices at gun shows. Don't be so hasty to paint them with such a broad brush.
You're right as rain! There are two parties to almost every transaction. The party of the second part is obligated to protect hisownself and spend his money wisely.
It's not all that hard to figure out which dealers to stay away from. I approach every gun show as though it were a movie. The only money I'm out is the price of the ticket. Anything after that is on me if I do something stupid.
The last show I went to, I stumbled on a very nice Swedish 94-14 for a fair price from an individual/dealer. At the same show, I passed on a nice BL-22 and a Marlin 39A. I only had enough money for one of the three. I expect to find a good deal at Durant next week, too.
I hope you all stay home. lol

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Report I heard was they didn't have enough dealers to charge the public. Letting everyone in free to see just a few tables. Just something I overheard today
This is true. We stopped at the Fairgrounds first. Missed the only thing I was going for by a half hour...a S&W 650. That's me.... day short and a dollar late. Went on down to Crossroads. Let us in free. Half a dozen tables and only 3 with firearms. Next show they are not charging table fees to dealers/sellers hoping to get the ball rolling. Headed back up to Guthrie. Fairly busy while we were there. Found a couple Contender barrels. Should have skipped the other two.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Crossroads and the OKC fairgrounds. Like reported above, Crossroads was a bust. Maybe they'll have better luck next time. The admission was free, so I went in and poked around....it took about three minutes. The fairgrounds was about like I expected. Some or most of the prices were above retail to just crazy, but there were some deals depending on what you like. I picked up a Beretta 950bs and a Charter bulldog. Both of them are in great shape and I got them at a price I was happy with. I didn't like paying 13 bucks to get in the door, but oh well....that's still cheap entertainment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom