Gun turn-ins/buy-backs, what moron criminal takes a $100 for his gat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at gun turn-ins or gun buy-backs from a thug's/criminal's viewpoint/angle, why would they turn in a perfectly good gun for $100 when the gun is probably worth 5 to 10 times that? Some times the logic(or lack of logic) of the lib gun grabbers astounds me. Legal gun owners obey the laws and thugs/criminals don't.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-oped-0617-chapman-20120617,0,5985547.column
The futility of gun turn-ins
Steve Chapman
June 17, 2012

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guns that are bought back/no questions asked and then melted down for scrap make for geat evidence in criminal trials and murder trials. Don't you read about these buy-back gun convictions everyday:angry3: and hear it on the MSM every night:angry3:?

Last edited:

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the "gun buy back" term. The goverment makes it sound like the guns were thiers to take back. Implying that they owned them first and are taking back what belongs to them. Very odd in my opinion.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at gun turn-ins or gun buy-backs from a thug's/criminal's viewpoint/angle, why would they turn in a perfectly good gun for $100 when the gun is probably worth 5 to 10 times that? Some times the logic(or lack of logic) of the lib gun grabbers astounds me. Legal gun owners obey the laws and thugs/criminals don't.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-oped-0617-chapman-20120617,0,5985547.column
The futility of gun turn-ins
Steve Chapman
June 17, 2012

you realize that "1000 dollar" gun on "the street" might fetch 2-300 tops....really what would you pay for an unknown condition and origin pistol?

non gun people who don't care to look something up are likely to think 100 a piece to get rid of it or have it destroyed is great.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the "gun buy back" term. The goverment makes it sound like the guns were thiers to take back. Implying that they owned them first and are taking back what belongs to them. Very odd in my opinion.

Maybe fast and furious has been going on longer than we thought!!!!

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of wish they would have one here just once. I have this old piece of junk 380 that belonged to my wifes uncle...its a Davis or Jennings or something. It does not work at all...firing pin has gone to parts unknown, the frame has a small crack and the trigger does not work, broken spring or something. I would love to get a hundred bucks for it :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom