Guns OR Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The calibers I buy in case form are the usual 9, 40, 45, 223, 7.62. I'm going to add .380 to that list shortly because I picked up another machinegun that shoots it.

This is also an important consideration.

Those of us that shoot full auto usually look at ammunition accumulation differently than those who shoot strictly semiauto or bolt action.

When I take full auto out, it is not uncommon to go thru 1000 to 2000 rounds at a time.

While most people look at buying boxes of ammo, Class III shooters usually look at buying by case lots.

Of course, that being said, even when I don't shoot Class III, there have been times when just pistol shooting I've gone thru 500-1000 rounds in a single range outing.

Dave

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have tried to consolidate calibers and plan on purchasing guns for those calibers in the future. However, I try to stockpile reloading supplies rather than manufactured ammo, with one exception, Mil Surp 30-06.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one tin of 7.62x54R that is only missing one package of rounds. All I shoot in that caliber is my Mosin, so I should be good for a while.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22, 12g, 9mm, 223/556. Main 4.

I play with one 44 mag for fun.

This is me, minus the 44 mag. I was all over the place at one point, but have consolidated down to the big 4. I may eventually end up with a .308 in the fold. I concentrated my efforts on reducing my weapon amount and increasing my ammo amount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom