Gunshow, Gunshow, Gunshow, January 19, 20 OKC Fairgrounds Expo Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard that a firearm was discharged there this morning. Is that true?

Yes, it looked like a new guy, I have not seen before, there was an island between him and I. It sounded and looked like a 22LR rifle, he was told to pack up his stuff, and not to attend any more shows. The bullet lodged in Mr. Coffie’s attache case. I also saw an officer walking him out, it looked like there was a form the officer was filling out with the guy. That is all I know.

Talk about crowded, there were a lot of people, and they were buyers. I think everyone did well today, I know we did.

Saw several people carrying around Frankenstein weapons they built using DTI type parts, and trying to sell them for $2500. plus, a couple of them tried to sell them to me, but as several of you already know, I only purchase Colts from individuals.

I saw several OSA members carrying weapons that had Walmart tags and Academy tags on them, trying to sell them for quite a profit. I even saw a couple of OSA members with mags and ammo that still had the Walmart and Academy tags on them trying to sell it to different venders and people in the crowd. I am not going to give names, you know who you are, and I respect your privacy. If they want to tell you who they are, they will. I just think it is funny that these are the same people I see complaining about market prices.

Saw several AK type weapons, I do not know what they were wanting for them, because they do not interest me, but I saw those same people carrying those same weapons out the door, they may have been asking more than today's market price.

All in all it was a great show, lets hope it is as good or better tomorrow.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw several OSA members carrying weapons that had Walmart tags and Academy tags on them, trying to sell them for quite a profit. I even saw a couple of OSA members with mags and ammo that still had the Walmart and Academy tags on them trying to sell it to different venders and people in the crowd. I am not going to give names, you know who you are, and I respect your privacy. If they want to tell you who they are, they will. I just think it is funny that these are the same people I see complaining about market prices

Intresting story. It's interesting that supposedly these guys kept their price tags on guns they were trying to sell for much higher prices. Not that I've ever seen a tag on a gun that left Walmart and especially Academy.

How did you know they were OSA members? Someone you knew personally?

ekdkdk1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
when obama first got elected. and the first round of crazy ar sales took effect. people were jumping there ar's to 1500-1600.00 but not mark. i thought there must be something wrong with his ar's for him to be a dealer and selling them so cheap. i have known mark for almost 5 year's. dealt with him on several occasions and never felt he took advantage of me or anyone i sent to him.

Mark is a very honest dealer. and always one of the cheapest around. for factory built ar's.. so anyone new to OSA.. disregard the slander.. and go meet mark. and judge him for yourself.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the "one crazy price" rule at gun shows. If I saw a $2200 CMMG on a dealer's table, I would keep walking and not even bother to look at all the other stuff.

From my experience, if they are marking one item way up, they usually have a proportional mark up on all their other goods. At big shows like Tulsa I don't have the time to search for bargains among big piles of gouge. OTOH if they have a reasonably priced item front and center, I spend more time (and money) at that table.

I don't even bother asking prices on unmarked items any more. Never once did I find a good deal on an unmarked item. Therefore my second rule, "If the price isn't marked, I can't afford it"

Third rule is, "just because it's at a gun show doesn't mean it's a good deal". Back when Outdoor America was a going concern, they were usually cheaper than the gun shows for new guns. Sooner State Pawn and the Internet are filling that role today. This is doubly true considering the price of gas and increasing gun show fees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom