Gunsmith Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdmoparguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know of gunsmith's around the Tulsa area that could install a lanyard loop on my S&W 22-4 Thunder Ranch?

This is my S&W 22-4 that I am wanting to have a lanyard installed on.
My S&W.jpg

I'm using one off of a 1917 S&W which is the same as my 22-4.
SW22_1917_150199_large.jpg

This is where and how the lanyard connects.
SMITH BUTT.JPG

Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought; your 1917 will be more valuable with the lanyard loop attached. Have you checked Brownells for the part(s)? Maybe a call to Brownell's tech line if an ordinary search doesn't get results. Another thought is a call direct to S&W.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll second Buzzdraw. Definitely look for another lanyard loop to install on it, it should only be a couple bucks and it won't take away from the 1917 you could seriously de-value an old gun by taking off the smallest parts.

As far as installation, I can't really tell from that picture of how it's really installed on there. Is is welded or just screwed on? Either way, any reputable gunsmith should be able to do the installation easy enough, but I would probably put in a call to Smith & Wesson. They might even do it for free.

tdmoparguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys the 1917 isn't mine it's just a picture so y'all can see how and where it's going to attach to my 22-4 which is the same gun. I've already located a couple lanyard studs and loops on Gunbroker and eBay just no sense in buying them if I can't find anybody to install it. I wouldn't molest a 1917 I know they're value. Someday I hope to own one but don't right now. Just want a lanyard on my 22-4.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check for your serial number location.
you may have a hard time getting someone to do that if that where your serial number is located.
against the law to obliterate serial numbers.
I may have some of those rings. I'll look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom