Gurkha Beauty Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After smoking the "Beast" about a week ago, I felt compelled to try the "Beauty" to see how it stacks up. As one would expect, the Beast is a maduro with a punch and the Beauty is a nice smooth and mild smoke. Right up front, I'll tell you that my humidor experience is limited, as I usually just buy a stick from the local shop and smoke it same day. Both the Beauty and the Beast are massive (6.5x58) and I don't think the week in my travel humidor has been adequate.

The first thing that I noticed about this cigar was the smell. Out of the package, this one smells like you just walked into a hay loft. As for the flavor, it pretty much tastes like it smells. It has a nice grassy sweetness to it throughout the smoke. Strange as it may sound, I liked it. This particular cigar is one dimensional in that the flavor doesn't change throughout the smoke. Truth be told, that doesn't bother me at all. I've never been one to hold lack of complexity against a good cigar. The burn was good and the draw was perfect. Oddly, the cigar only lasted an hour. I got an hour and a half out of the Beast with only a few days in the humidor so not all of the reduction can be accounted for by lack of humidity.

Make no mistake, this is not a full flavored cigar and Gurkha didn't intend for it to be one. It's a perfect hot weather smoke as it's very light and doesn't pack a massive nicotine wallop. Given the climate I'm in, it fits the bill perfectly.

Bottom line: I recommend this for anyone that's looking for a mild mannered smoke without a massive punch at the end.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good reveiw, i still dont have enough room in my humidor to get another shipment.

Smoked a 601 Blue Label this morning that was pretty good.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always liked Gurkha cigars....I had one this last weekend, it was an aged (15 yrs) Cellar Reserve...wasn't a big fan of it to be honest. I'll have to give those a try though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom