Ashton VSG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm nearly 100 miles outside of the city :)

I've found the Man O' War line to be very enjoyable. For the San Lotano and LHC Core, I'm not quite sold but I could probably be persuaded after another smoke or two. I've only gotten AJ Fernandez cigars in samplers from CI that I order when I find myself not buying new cigars on my Tobacco Exchange trips.

I see that now. For some reason I always just assumed you were a metro area type rather than one of the "out west" types. I should have been more specific. I very much enjoyed the San Lotano Oval (reminds me of the Ruination), but the Connecticut and Habano were pretty boring.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit TE today, as the humidor was bare. I purchased a couple of Diesels and Olivas, as well as a La Gloria Cubana Serie R and La Flor de Antilles. The latter two I have not tried yet. I am counting on being stuck at the house for a few days with the man cave being my only retreat. Chivas and Mr. Buddy may have to accompany me.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit TE today, as the humidor was bare. I purchased a couple of Diesels and Olivas, as well as a La Gloria Cubana Serie R and La Flor de Antilles. The latter two I have not tried yet. I am counting on being stuck at the house for a few days with the man cave being my only retreat. Chivas and Mr. Buddy may have to accompany me.

I never have been much of an Oliva fan, but the Diesels aren't bad at all. I haven't tried those other two either. I'm currently stuck in the house while the wife watches the Carrie Underwood "Sound of Music" special. Out comes the Woodford...

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oliva Gs are a good daily. The LGC Rs are sorta new. The Antilles have received some good press. Yes, I know. See my thread on how gun reviews are written. But one cigar is usually cheaper than one gun. Usually.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oliva Gs are a good daily. The LGC Rs are sorta new. The Antilles have received some good press. Yes, I know. See my thread on how gun reviews are written. But one cigar is usually cheaper than one gun. Usually.
Ah yes, the joys of reading cigar mags. Everything is amazing! Still, most cigars above a certain price point are at least tolerable. I liked the Davidoff quote that Cohiba posted. The best cigar is the one you're smoking right now. Indeed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom