Had so much fun I wee'd my pants a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be ready for the worst read of your life... Your welcome!
So the weekend rolls around and I finally got my scope back from Bushnell. I say finally, it only took them 10 days total to fix the parallax and return it on my HDMR. Pretty darn good for Bushnell. So I get out to the range (USSA) and Get my gun bore sighted the ole' fashion way, looking down the tube. After 3 Shots, total I'm zero'ed at 100. Time to take this bastard to the 300 yard range and see what kinda velocity I'm getting out of this new SWA 175gr stuff. Well smacked the **** outta some 6" swinger down at 300 and figured I was getting somewhere right around 2650-2680 outta my 23" Brux 1-10 with an AAC 762-SD suppressor. All you guys know the looks you get at the range when someones never seen/heard a real suppressor. Good times, had about 4 guys just watching, after I just banged that steel 9 times in a row, hell only brought 10 rounds up there with me. The first one was a sighter. So that was my Friday afternoon, Saturday rolls around I wake up get all my stuff ready to go and my mentor/teacher dude/awesome guy that lets me shoot his rifles, his ammo and still allows me at his range and gives me free instruction gives me a call and says lets hold off today its supposed to rain... well go ****in figure oklahoma weather strikes again and its just beautiful all day long. No worries though cause I've got plans to shoot Sunday, you guys know what I am talking about Sunday Funday!!! We'll here's where the fun kicked in, I text a buddy who invited me out to his property to let me shoot out there and he says come on out. Right about this time friend of mine hit me up and he wanted to do some shooting... This buddy of mine didn't just want to do any type of shooting he wanted to take his .50 bmg out and play. This is the first time I've shot a 50 since the old M82/M107 days, how I miss those days. So of course I give my buddy a call and he says something like... yes get that ****er out here. or something like that, that may have been more what I was thinking but close enough.

I'm done typing here are some pictures from Sunday. Enjoy
video

pictures
cut a damn t post in half after it went through the mild steel we had.
Iphone cameraman!

Some of the rifle that were brought besides the 50... Mine is the one with the suppressor. All 308's except the blue laminate one its a 30-06

And to all you bastards that are sitting there thinking "was there adequate backstops..." and other safety concerns all precautions were taken and all was good to go. Well except for the grandma that decided she and her grandchildren wanted to go pick some damn nut or something off in the yander... They knew we were shooting and literately just drove right behind one of our targets like we weren't even there. Mind you this is in the middle of nowhere... douches... O and most of the dents in the steel (mild steel) are from a 300 ultra mag at about 300 yards, some are 308 from 100-300 yards. All the 50 shooting was done at 100, Of the 3 shots I took I split a t-post, and put 2 660 gr pills stacked right on top of each other. Can't complain with that.

One hell of a weekend, now this coming weekend... more shooting. O and btw A huge thanks for our buddy who brought the big gun out and let us all get behind that bastard, and a big thanks as well to the good man that has let me come out to his land and shoot! Always appreciated!

Last edited:

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shane
Glad you had a good weekend and got to enjoy your rig with a scope that actually works.

Kayla was pissed at me when she found out we would not be practicing that day.
After actually seeing what the weather was doing on Saturday I sure wish I had ignored the weather man and done a trip to the range.
Looks like you had more fun doing what you did anyway.
Try to save an afternoon some time over the Thanksgiving weekend so we can play catch up at the range.

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruce I was a good time! Oklahoma weather is about as confused as me in thermodynamic this afternoon.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to set any time aside this weekend as I'll be out of town Saturday and Sunday. However next weekend I should be available.

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had access to a wide open field that long...sounds fun!

Ya bud its freaking awesome. Definitely not trying to rub it in, however good news follows. I am working on getting some land secured for some long range shooting for pretty much who ever is interested. I will have ar500 3/8 plates out from 100-1500 yards. May take a few more months but it will happen. I plan on trying to get about 5-10 guys out per outing. There will be a qualifier of 1moa or better at 100 yards, besides that I wouldn't really care who comes out. O and the 1 moa can but pushed aside for large bore rifles, since most won't shoot 1 moa at 100 but will at 300+. I've been working on this since I got back from the military and its finally coming together, slowly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom