Hale Koa Hotel Waikiki

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you stayed here? Thoughts? I know I can pick up a rental car at the hotel, so I may skip the line at the airport and arrange for a stretch limo to take us to the hotel on arrival during the first week of February. Yes, the wife and I are going to Hawaii in mid-winter. Prices are somewhat higher but I don’t care. I hate the cold. So it’s surf’s up, play me some ukulele music, and bring me a fancy drink with a little umbrella in it. Aloha Brah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stayed there once way back in the early 80s. Was real nice. Can't answer any of your other questions though. BTW the name means 'Warrior House' or 'House of the Warrior' depending on who does the interpretation for you.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there a couple of times. Be sure to book a "view" room. Nice to have the sunrise or set in the windows every day. Watch the coral, swimming sandals required. The mai-tai's can hurt you with some effort.....

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really nice hotel. If you find the surf too cold (75-77 degrees), pop over to the hilton lagoon. It warms quickly each day. Be sure to haggle with the locals in the international market, they'll take any amount for about anything. Red Dragon does 50cent beer on Tuesdays, $3 pitchers on Wednesdays, and the hookers out just really hot dudes with boobs. Cheeseburger in Paradise has the only worthy mimosa in Waikiki. Eggs & Things is overrated, spam musubi is amazeballs, Leonards is the only place for malasadas. Luau excursions are horrible tourist traps that cost way more than sticker price, just catch the luau performances at Margaritaville, go to Waikiki gun club and laugh at their prices, taco trucks - the dirtier the outside, the tastier the grub. Bonus points if you hit one on cinderblocks on the north shore highway. Turtle Bay by law has to let you on their beaches, don't follow the 'public access signs, just walk right through the hotel. Hanauma Bay is the only place to snorkel, they run a free shuttle that will pick you up. Don't take beer with you in your adventures, you'll get ticketed in the dry communities. And for the love of god, don't pop into local bars. They are not down with that. Don't commit to anything on groupon, visit the concierge.

Have a blast.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there a couple of times. Be sure to book a "view" room. Nice to have the sunrise or set in the windows every day. Watch the coral, swimming sandals required. The mai-tai's can hurt you with some effort.....

My last duty station before I retired was at Pearl Harbor, and a few years before that, I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe Bay, so I know a bit about the island and the activities. The hotel is having some renovations done, but I was able to reserve an Ocean View room with a request to upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View if possible. My wife is really excited about this trip, and I'm excited to be going back after many years as a tourist this time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you got good airfare.

I recently purchased 3 RT tickets to Rome for less than $600 each, taxes, fees, baggage and all. It was amazing to me when researching that flying onward to Rome was cheaper than RT tickets to some of the connecting cities. lol. Airfare is screwy, for sure.

We had a really bad experience in Rome during our single day there 13 years ago (we only made it to ONE landmark), and only a single night in Venice, as well. This time, we're going to spend 8 days between the two. Can't wait!

Latest posts

Top Bottom