Happy Bday USN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1697228869881.png

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We didn’t really care about our Birthday until the Marines issued their dress blues. It’s like Prom, we always want to show off our dates in their finest outfits…

Go Navy!
Good one! 😂 Marine Corps birthday luncheon coming up in November. May just have to ask a sailor if I can't find a woman to take.
Tell that to a Navy Seal.
My ship had a detachment of 49 Marines to guard the Admiral. Their shipboard life consisted of shining their shoes and getting haircuts. We fondly called them seagoing bellhops.
Its a joke. Man you guys are wound tight. Navy and Marines have been giving each other hard times since they were founded. It took 49 Marines to guard 1 Admiral? Couldn't they just issue him a weapon? 😂

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
It’s a joke. Man you guys are wound tight. Navy and Marines have been giving each other hard times since they were founded. It took 49 Marines to guard 1 Admiral? Couldn't they just issue him a weapon? 😂
I knew that, just seeing your joke and raising you two.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm afraid that even though almost all my uncles were in the Navy in WWII, I've not personally known anyone in the Navy that is of my age. Thus, I don't have the snappy comebacks to kid them with. My uncles did give me grief for going Army.

However, as was said earlier, anyone that served (including Coasties) has earned my respect and some admiration. We were at the Audie Murphy museum in Greenville, TX last year, and the wife bought a U.S. Army cap for me to wear. Suddenly, people were thanking me for my service, and it set me back a bit. For years, I've thanked others for their service but never "fished" for their support.

Thanks, Navy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom