Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So slot of people don't know this but St. Patrick was neither Irish nor Roman Catholic nor had he ever tasted a potato. He was the son of an Deacon of the Orthodox Church who was also an government official in England, which was part of the Roman Empire at.the time. Now like many of those who had religious parents Patrick viewed faith very questionably. He had a fascination with paganism and would often visit a local site where pagan rituals were held. One night he was hiding watching a ceremony when he was discovered and captured and forced to drink... Alot. Now I've been drunk, and I've woken up a few towns over before, but I've never been waking up chained up on the floor of a boat being rowed to Ireland drunk. Which is what happened to Patrick. Upon arrival he was sold into slavery. On the upside among the slaves he met a cute Irish lass and fell in love. The owner noticed this and took the girl for himself and sent Patrick to live in the wilds as a shepard. It was in this period of solitude in the wilderness that Patrick came to know God and the glory of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. He escaped slavery and found his way to England where he asked to join a monastery and was refused due to being too old, and not having enough formal study. Eventually through persistence he was accepted and excelled. He would return to Ireland as a missionary and performed miracles like the destruction of the snakes, destroying some pagan idols with lightning bolts, and Darth Vader style air choking a pagan priest to death for cursing God. He was given the title of Bishop of Ireland and a large sum of money to build a cathedral, instead he used it to purchase the freedom of slaves, starting with those who belonged to his former owner., who he approached with forgiveness. The next day Patrick's owner hung himself. Patrick's actions would lead to the abolition of slavery in Ireland. And he developed a large following among the formal slave. Architects were sent from England to build the church. Upon arrival Patrick sent them back, point to the former slaves and saying "this is my church" for this the Bishop of England attempted to have Patrick excommunicated. This trial is where we get much of the details of Patrick's life. In the end he was triumphant and has become perhaps the most popular saint celebrated by millions of revellers every March 17th.

May the goals always rise to meet you
May the wind be forever at your back
May God hold you in his hand
And may you be a long time in Heaven before the devil notices your gone.
In the name of the Father Son and the Holy Spirit
Amen

1679062234414.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom