Harry Reid Has Some Splainin To Do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president," Romney said. "I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."
-Mitt Romney in July

To be fair though, he could still file an amended return after the election and get a big check back from uncle sam for those deductions he declined to take yet.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that Mitt could answer Harry's questions easily enough. I'm a taxer by no means, but you have to wonder if Romney is trying to hide something here. I mean, why not just release the original long form certificate of paid tax? Until he does, these questions will persist.

And Obama could have put an end to the whole Birth Certificate circus in the primaries. It's a matter of principal. Romney released what was required, I don't see the big deal with tax returns or birth certificates. People need to be looking at the issues and worrying less about tax returns and birth certificates.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He still donated 30% of his income to charity and effectively donated more to the IRS charity... Obamatons can suck on that. Ha!
Hey Obama is real generous too. I seem to remember he gave like $14k of his $8 mil income to charity (all .175% went to the negro college fund I believe). He likes helping people too but with tax payer money, not his own. Oh yeah, and he knows what it's like to be poor because he only made $8 mil a year while a Senator.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
-Mitt Romney in July

To be fair though, he could still file an amended return after the election and get a big check back from uncle sam for those deductions he declined to take yet.

I was waiting for you to post that. It is the new lefty talking points of the day.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Obama is real generous too. I seem to remember he gave like $14k of his $8 mil income to charity (all .175% went to the negro college fund I believe). He likes helping people too but with tax payer money, not his own. Oh yeah, and he knows what it's like to be poor because he only made $8 mil a year while a Senator.

I know right?

The "paying their fair share" crowd never ceases to amaze me. Everybody knows that they can write a check for any amount anytime they choose to do so if they want to sleep all better at night, brag about how patriotic they are and what not. The IRS will cash it post haste. Do you suppose Warren Buffet and the others have paid more than required? :hellno:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know right?

The "paying their fair share" crowd never ceases to amaze me. Everybody knows that they can write a check for any amount anytime they choose to do so if they want to sleep all better at night, brag about how patriotic they are and what not. The IRS will cash it post haste. Do you suppose Warren Buffet and the others have paid more than required? :hellno:

Buffet's company is still fighting to pay less taxes.

EDIT: According to Damon, a Las Vegas Sun reporter,

Reid on Romney deciding to release 2011 returns: "He's hiding something. He's hiding something! It is so evident he's hiding something!"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know right?

I know. That amazes me as well.
I watched that idot Bryan Williams on NBC tonight in his gravest voice, announce that things put out by candidates on a friday normally contain bad info that the candidate wants to hide, or is bad news for them.

Well guess what! That sure backfired on him. Does he not review what he is reporting on? Good Grief.

Maybe he thought the masses would turn the channel after that grave statement??? LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom