Has anyone eaten at Mutt's Amazing Hot Dog's? Review - please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My kids are offering this as a Father's Day (actually this evening) place to eat because they know I love the succulent little bags of cow un-mentionables.

However, from Lawton that is a good drive, and since I'll be paying for it anyway (welcome to another Father's Day tradition new dads!) I wonder if anyone can give me their mini-review or at least recommendation.

Oh and since this is a gun group - umm...do they have "No guns allowed" signs or anything rotten like that?

Thank You,

John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've eaten there once and liked it. They have a lot of options. You can also have them make whatever you choose as a hamburger instead of a hotdog. It's a little pricey. I don't remember any anti-gun signs up.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John,

In my opinion, it is pretty good. I don't think it alone would be worth the drive from Lawton though. So, is the trip just to eat, or do you have other things to do in OKC?

Been a while soince I've been there. I don't remember any signs.

Jim

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've enjoyed just about everything I've had there. the Apollo dog and the Tatonka are two of my favorites. the Hogs gone wild is pretty good too. I thought the Jack Russel had too many carrots for my liking, but to each his own.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic hot dog joint, but like mentioned, I don't know if it's worth the drive from Lawton. If so, try the Tatonka, it's a buffalo dog and my favorite.

The owners are the same owners at Big Truck Tacos, which are two lesbian ladies. I hate to generalize, but homosexuals are usually Democrats and Democrats are usually anti-gun. Doesn't mean there aren't gun-loving, same-sex couples out there, just means that I wouldn't be surprised to see a gun buster sign at their store. I've been there, but always during lunch so the signs didn't apply to me since I can't carry at work.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally $8 hot dogs don't do it for me. I did enjoy their menu and the food. When people ask me, I suggest they go. It is interesting enough to do once. I am too cheap to go there regularly. That said I have been there twice, once to try it, once with friends for their first trip.

I didn't see any gun signs either time I went, but I probably wasn't looking.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer Coney Island at Main and Walker in downtown OKC...great hot dogs, way cheaper, and a very classy joint indeed! It's right north of the bus station and near where all the bums hang out. No signs; the old dude running the place is really kinda like a "hot dog nazi" ... don't be holding up the line or he'll get on yer case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom