Has anyone seen the new MagLite "Mag-Tac" flashlight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maglite is advertsing a new line of "tactical" flashlights...the Mag-Tac
http://maglite.com/

There are two models - both aluminum bodied, with a textured surface, ~310 Lumens, tailcap swith with multi-modes, and powered by CR123s. There is also an agressive crown option.
Best of all - it is made in the USA.

Now, is it available anywhere or is it vaporware?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking light. I like what Pelican has been putting out too. I wonder if there's a xenon/halo hack for these MagLites... LED is to blue for me

You can get LEDs in Warm and Neutral colors as well as the cools (blue). LED is the only way to go with battery life and power-output levels of today's CREE bulbs.

As to the Mag-Tac flashlights, seems like they jumped right into the $75 market with little background in CR123-powered "tactical" high-powered LED flashlights, yet they're charging near Surefire prices. There aren't even very many details about the specs available easily. Seems like you can just find their max run-time, max lumens, etc, but no actual runtime while on max-settings (or what the output is to get that max runtime - I'm assuming it's not high).

They look a lot like the Terralux flashlights that Reyovac sells under their name - I don't know how I feel about them just yet (unfortunately, I just realized that my CandlePowerForums account got suspended due to lack of use since I haven't been on for years, so I'm trying to get that fixed before I can search CPF).

Latest posts

Top Bottom